Thursday, February 25, 2010

Like Candy from a Baby

Anyone who's ever tried to take candy from a baby probably knows it's hard.
Sorta like taking fresh fruit and juice from my two year old.



Let me preface this conversation by saying motherhood is a dirty job. And when it's day five of your toddler having ... uhh, diarrhea, it gets really dirty. I think I can attribute the lil' dude's current state of bowels to the impending arrival of her 24mo. molars. I think. This week I've been reminded I don't know what I'm really doing- I'm just playing along, following what little instinct I've developed in this game.

But, the wet, wet face- the constant fingers in the mouth, snotty nose, and overall unpleasantness being emitted by my three-footer does reinforce my hunch.

So, back to the subject of this post-taking fruit and juice away from my daughter- arguably two of her favorite consumptions in the world. How to enforce a BRAT diet ... bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.

This is going to be just like taking candy from a baby.

No comments: