Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Portrait of Sadness



For the past 16 hours, you and I have become more acquainted than ever before.
You might think that impossible seeing as how I'm the one who gave birth to you, and all.

But today, darling daughter, you threw up in my mouth.

. . .

You're sick and tired, and scared and I wish I could make it all go away for you. This flu thing, we've never done THIS before.
We did get to have four costume changes apiece, today.
That would have been more fun had you not had vomit in your hair.
Or me, in mine, either.

So, I've been your personal health technician today.
You say, 'NOSE' and I wipe it.
You say, 'WATER' and I tip it to your lips.
You say, "HOLD YOU', and I'm there faster than you can say ... Oh NO! It fell out! when you threw up on the carpet by your farm.

I'm so sorry, sweetie. Please get better.
Mama loves.

No comments: