Monday, January 5, 2009

For You

Today is today already, time goes so quickly.
Lil' dude, you are already in your 3rd calendar year.
It's easy to become sad this time of year; uninspired, restless, depressed.

My dear, that is not how we do things at our house.
Daddy and I aren't big on New Year's Resolutions. One year I resolved to stop running red lights. One year, stop adding salt to my food. Last year, stop swearing so much. I did well with all those things. Because they were small and manageable and things I needed to do anyways. Making them resolutions made them sound fancier.

This year, I want to become a better photographer. You should see how happy the people in your village get when I send a simple email to them bearing a photograph of you. If it's that easy to make some one's day, I am all for it. Now, I really want to knock their socks off!

What I am trying to say is don't make yourself change if you don't see the purpose. Or do, if you feel like it. But know we'll never expect you to change or adapt to new things because we think it best for you. Just don't set yourself up to fail or be bogged down by unrealistic expectations. Change if you want. Aspire if you want. Just stay you.

Mama loves ... you, for you!

No comments: