Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Letter from Mama, v10



Happy 10 months, Miss Lil' Dude!

You are such a big girl now, you're all kid and not so much baby. You've changed a lot since my last letter, I could fill a page in all you've done in the last month. You're bigger, brighter, stronger, sweeter. At the end of the day when we're all finally home is my favorite-favorite. You squeal and laugh and point and lunge at me for hugs. As I'm standing at the stove or sink, you come crawling at me and the next thing I know you've pulled yourself up on my leg and are saying, "MamaMamaMama." You just want to be part of things, helping me cook, pointing at the birds on the back fence. You eyes travel from my face to our explorations. You want so much to learn. Your little finger folds into a point. "Mama?" you ask.

I love how sweet you are when you are playing with your doll. You pick her up and squeeze her tight to your tiny chest, patting her back. Maybe you are soothing and comforting like I do you when you need it. Maybe it's something you learned playing with your littles at daycare. Maybe it's something you just instinctively know. You should always trust your instincts, lil' dude and do what you feel needs to be done.

You started taking steps stringed together last week. There you go! I feel as though my heart is walking around outside my body with every step you take. I am so proud of you ... I can't even describe it. You also fell and got your first bloody lip so there are some things to be ironed out there but yet you persist. Where do you get your determination? I envy it.

Mama loves.

No comments: