Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Do Not Enter! No Boys Allowed! Go Away!


Can you find the lil' dude? Look closely!

With nothing but a three-day weekend stretched out before us, the lil' dude and I did some serious constructing over the weekend. We built her a fort.
With every spare sheet and blanket I own, and every baby and fuzzy pal she owns, we put together a nice cozy little spot under the dining room table. After my piece was done, she grabbed her purse, phone, baby accessories, and Beagle and hunkered down.

The idea came to me after thinking about what fun things I did with my little brother on weekends when we were younger. Fort was at the top of the list.

After seeing photos, my Mom commented, Hard to believe you could stand the fort mess though-such memories of coming home from work on weekends when Dad was parent-in-charge for the day. Could rarely get in the door.

I love the messy, spur-of-the-moment parenting ideas. Life is one big adventure. Why not have fun with it?

Here, the lil' dude eats her special fort lunch as the Beagle waits patiently for leftovers.

No comments: