Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Farewell to Summer

And here we are in September already.
I'll forever remember this summer as the summer I Became a Mama.
I devoted my long evenings, lazy mornings, busy weekends, and summer sun to the lil' dude. For I want her to have the memories of summer I have- the best of times in my life.
We spent yesterday doing what encompasses a summer's day:
We slept in- until 8!
We made smoothies for breakfast and watched cartoons.
We picked garden veggies for lunch.
We swam and played on the deck in hot sun.
We took the dog on his favorite walk route.
We drank cold ice water in the shade.
We played in the cool downstairs as a movie played.
We took naps right before dinnertime.
We took a final summer trip to get ice cream. We shared vanilla soft-serve.

Today, it's fall. Summer is over, and it was perfect.


“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…” Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: