Monday, April 20, 2009

Kickstart Your Heart

Ooo, ahh, kickstart my heart
Hope it never stops
And to think, we did all of this...
To rock

Kickstart my heart


It's inevitable children will share likes with their parents. It has to do with environment, and the nurture aspect. They'll conspire secretly with one another over their mutual fondness and forever have that bond.

It's the same for me, lil' dude. Your Grandma G. and I both love coffee, cooking, crafts, and writing letters. Your Grandpa W. and I both love books, antiquing, drinking wine, and sharing music. It's these things that make me feel close to my parents.

And for you? You'll have this in your life too, and you seem to already.
You and I like blankets, music, reading, eating vegetables, and shopping.
You and Daddy like watching cartoons, playing basketball, eating sweets, sleeping, and Motley Crue.

Oh, yeah, I said that right. Motley Crue.

It's strange. Daddy was flipping through the HD channels last night and found a live Motley Crue concert. He began imitating the drum solos into the opening act of Kickstart my Heart ... as I watched in amazement. I had no idea he was a fan. He began listing numerous Motley Crue albums and the hits off each one. He was completely unapologetic as he strummed his air guitar and belted out the lyrics.

And you, lil' dude, you were right there, Daddy's wingman, thrashing your head around and throwing your arms into the air. This went on and on ... you keeping the beat with your tiny body, and Daddy with those awful lyrics.

You both Kickstart My Heart, you freaky people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This might be my fav post ever... next to the time you made T answer your questionnaire.
-Jack's mama