Thursday, August 4, 2011

Remind Me

As is always the case, I heard a song recently that made me think ...
Remind Me, by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.
While the lyrics relate to a relationship's ebb and flow, the title alone sparked this post.



This picture, from last weekend.
As I edited it, I kept staring at it. Something about it reminded me ... of something.
Her eyes, her nose. Her scrunched little girlie face.
Remind Me.

Oh. Oh, yes.
I remember.
She's this:



Remind Me.
December 7, 2007. Nearly 1pm ... this face is burned, burned into my soul.

I hope she always reminds me of her initialness her whole life.

When she is eight, missing teeth.
When she is 13, always mad at her Daddy.
When she is 17, in love and making her Mama worry.
When she is 26, in my kitchen asking for recipes.
When she is 40, helping me deal with grief.

Remind Me, baby girl.

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Love the song too and this post!!!

Engel said...

What a wonderful post!
It's frustrating as a parent to not be able to remember everything from every stage in our children's lives. But I heard someone once say, when asked, "what was your favorite stage as a parent" his repsonse was "This one" and he went on to explain it's always "This one" whether they were 1, 4, 7, 15, etc. I thought that was a great answer.
Keep up the great work, you have a lucky kid there.